[openstack-dev] [all] Onboarding rooms postmortem, what did you do, what worked, lessons learned

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Mon May 22 06:41:55 UTC 2017

Tricircle shared a room with Sahara, and stay there for the first half.

Around 6 persons joined the session. Due to the network issue(on the lab side) I am not able to logon to my environment to do the training based on live environment. I have to play some recorded clips, during the playing, we discussed a lot of topics, from the overall architecture and functionalities, and whether it support cross Neutron L2 network, and how to setup the environment to experience it. I can't remember all detail information. It seems 45 minutes is too short for on-boarding session, lots of other topics have not been discussed. We leave the room after Sahara began their session, two projects in same room will be quite noise, many people will talk at the same time. After the session, one guy continue to talk with me about Tricircle for around half an hour.

Obviously, on-boarding session is necessary for a project, some may be contributors, some may be not, but there are lots of people want to learn a project in more detail, it'll help a project to grow contributors and (potential) operators.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)