[openstack-dev] Is the pendulum swinging on PaaS layers?

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Sun May 21 09:31:15 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 02:04:05PM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
>You end up replicating the Ceilometer issue where there was a break down
>in getting needs expressed / implemented, and the result was a service
>doing heavy polling of other APIs (because that's the only way it could
>get the data it needed).

Not related to the topic, but Ceilometer doesn't have this issue
anymore. Since Nova writes the uuid of the instance inside the libvirt
instance metadata. We just associate libvirt metrics to the instance
uuid. And then correlate them with the full metdata we receive via
notification. We don't poll nova at all anymore.

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net
irc: sileht