[openstack-dev] [oslo][devstack][tooz][all] etcd 3.x as a base service

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 19 11:03:17 UTC 2017

On 05/18/2017 07:31 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Team,
>
> Please take a look at this devstack review that adds a new etcd3 service:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445432/
>
> Waiting on infra team to help with creating a directory on
> tarballs.openstack.org with etcd release binaries as so far i haven't
> been able to get time/effort from ubuntu/debian distro folks. Fedora
> already has 3.1.x so no problem there. Another twist is that the ppc64
> arch support is not present in 3.1.x etcd.
>
> Here are two options to enable the DLM use case with tooz (for
> eventlet based services, Note that non-eventlet based services can
> already use tooz with etcd3 with the driver added by Jay and Julien):
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466098/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466109/
>
> Please let me know here or in the review which one you would lean
> towards. The first one neatly separates the etcg3+v3alpha-grpc/gateway
> into a separate driver. the second one tries to be a bit more clever
> when to use grpc directly and when to use the v3alpha-grpc/gateway.

I'd like to put that sha256sum checking in before we land it and start
using it.

Also, when can we delete all the zookeeper in devstack? As the push
forward here was that this was our supported backend, I'd like to not
put devstack in the business of also zookeeper management.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net