[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 20)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Fri May 19 09:23:36 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

= Using RDO Cloud for OVB jobs =

We spent some time discussing the steps needed to start running a few
OVB TripleO jobs on the new RDO Cloud, which seems to be a good shape to
start utilizing it. We need to create new users for it and add the cloud
definition to project-config among other things.

When all is set up, we will ramp up the amount of jobs ran there slowly
to test the stability and bottlenecks.

= Old OVB jobs running without Quickstart =

There are a couple of jobs that is still not transitioned running on a
few repos. We need to figure out if those jobs are still needed and if
yes, what's holding them back from transition.

= CI jobs with containers =

We talked about possible ways to update all the containers with fresh
and gating packages. It's not a trivial problem and we will probably
involve more container folks in it. The current idea is to create a
container that could locally serve the DLRN hash packages, avoiding
downloading them for each containers. However this will be still an IO
intensive solution, but probably there's no way around it.

= Gate instability, critical bug =

The pingest failures are still plaguing the ovb-ha job, we really need a
solution for this critical bug[1], as it fails around ~30 percent of the
time. Please take a look if you can!

Thank you for reading the summary.

Best regards,
Attila