[openstack-dev] [nova] [cinder] Follow up on Nova/Cinder summit sessions from an ops perspective

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Thu May 18 22:13:33 UTC 2017

On 18 May 2017 at 22:26, Rochelle Grober <rochelle.grober at huawei.com> wrote:
> If you're going to use --distance, then you should have specific values (standard definitions) rather than operator defined:
> And for that matter, is there something better than distance?  Collocated maybe?
>
> colocated={local, rack, row, module, dc}
> Keep the standard definitions that are already in use in/across data centers

There's at least 'chasis' that some people would want to add (blade
based stuff) and I'm not sure what standard 'module' is... The trouble
with standard definitions is that your standards rarely match the next
guy's standards, and since some of these are entirely irrelevant to
many storage topologies, you're likely going to need an API to
discover what is relevant to a specific system anyway.

--
Duncan Thomas