[openstack-dev] [Heat] Heat template example repository

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Thu May 18 06:00:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 01:01:57PM -0400, Zane Bitter wrote:
>On 15/05/17 12:10, Steven Hardy wrote:
>>On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 04:46:28PM +0200, Lance Haig wrote:
>>>Hi Steve,
>>>
>>>I am happy to assist in any way to be honest.
>
>It was great to meet you in Boston, and thanks very much for
>volunteering to help out.
>
>BTW one issue I'm aware of is that the autoscaling template examples
>we have all use OS::Ceilometer::* resources for alarms. We have a
>global environment thingy that maps those to OS::Aodh::*, so at least
>in theory those templates should continue to work, but there are
>actually no examples that I can find of autoscaling templates doing
>things the way we want everyone to do them.

This is not only an Aodh/Ceilometer alarm issue. I can confirm that
whatever the resource prefix, this works well.

But an alarm description also contains a query an external API to
retrieve statistics. Aodh alarms are currently able to
query the deprecated Ceilometer-API and the Gnocchi-API. Creating alarms
that query the deprecated Ceilometer-API is obviously deprecated too.

Unfortunately, I have seen that all templates still use the deprecated
Ceilometer-API. Since Ocata, this API don't even run by default.

I just propose an update for one template as example here:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/465817/

I can't really do the others, I don't have enough knowledge in
Mistral/Senlin/Openshift.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Abaakouk