[openstack-dev] [nova][scheduler] Discussion on how to do claims

Edward Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu May 18 00:01:08 UTC 2017

I missed the summit, so I also missed out on some of the decisions that were made. I don’t feel that some of them were ideal, and in talking to the people involved I’ve gotten various degrees of certainty about how settled things were. So I’ve not only pushed a series of patches as POC code [0] for my approach, but I’ve written a summary of my concerns [1].

Speaking with a few people today, since some people are not around, and I’m leaving for PyCon tomorrow, we felt it would be worthwhile to have everyone read this, and review the current proposed code by Sylvain [2], my code, and the blog post summary. Next week when we are all back in town we can set up a time to discuss, either in IRC or perhaps a hangout.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464086/
[1] https://blog.leafe.com/claims-in-the-scheduler/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460177/8 <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460177/8>

-- Ed Leafe