[openstack-dev] [Swift] 404 on geo-replicated clusters with write affinity

Bruno L teolupus.ext at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:47:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

It was great to meet you at the Boston summit and agree on the best way to
fix the 404 error code bug on geo-replicated clusters with write affinity.

As you know, this is a topic that is dear to us at Catalyst, and we would
like to provide a patch to it. Since we are relatively new to the Swift
community, I'd like to ask for some guidance from the more experienced
developers, to ensure we are going in the right direction.

I see multiple bugs in launchpad that are related to this issue. Could we
agree which one we should use to progress with this?

Our discussion at the summit lead us to three ideas on how this could be
fixed. We decided we would combine two of them, to make sure all exceptions
and corner cases are covered. Could one of you (maybe Clay or John) write a
brief summary of the changes proposed, so we can use it as a specification
for our code changes?

Cheers,
Bruno