[openstack-dev] [tc][infra][release][security][stable][kolla][loci][tripleo][docker][kubernetes] do we want to be publishing binary container images?

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue May 16 19:09:52 UTC 2017

We can put warnings all over it and if folks choose to ignore them, then its they who took the risk and get to keep the pieces when it breaks. Some folks are crazy enough to run devstack in production. But does that mean we should just abandon devstack? No. of course not. I don't think we should hold back OpenStack from the benefits this provides just because a few folks might possibly do something bad with it. We do what we can to allow folks to recognize bad ideas. But if they want to do it anyway, thats the freedom of open source. They can. They get to deal with the fallout though, not us. If we always catered to the lowest common denominator we would never get anywhere.

Thanks,
Kevin