[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue May 16 15:17:35 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:38:34AM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> See $TITLE :)
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

My preference would be to have an #openstack-tc channel.

One thing I like about the dedicated meeting time was if I was not able to
attend, or when I was just a casual observer, it was easy to catch up on
what was discussed because it was all in one place and did not have any
non TC conversations interlaced.

If we just use -dev, there is a high chance there will be a lot of cross-
talk during discussions. There would also be a lot of effort to grep
through the full day of activity to find things relevant to TC
discussions. If we have a dedicated channel for this, it makes it very
easy for anyone to know where to go to get a clean, easy to read capture
of all relevant discussions. I think that will be important with the
lack of a captured and summarized meeting to look at.

Sean