[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue May 16 14:49:54 UTC 2017

On 05/16/2017 09:38 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> See $TITLE :)
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

I'd rather avoid #openstack-tc and just use #openstack-dev.
#openstack-dev is pretty low used environment (compared to like
#openstack-infra or #openstack-nova). I've personally been trying to
make it my go to way to hit up members of other teams whenever instead
of diving into project specific channels, because typically it means we
can get a broader conversation around the item in question.

Our fragmentation of shared understanding on many issues is definitely
exacerbated by many project channels, and the assumption that people
need to watch 20+ different channels, with different context, to stay up
on things.

I would love us to have the problem that too many interesting topics are
being discussed in #openstack-dev that we feel the need to parallelize
them with a different channel. But I would say we should wait until
that's actually a problem.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague