[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Issue while applying customs configuration to overcloud.

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue May 16 11:10:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 04:33:33AM +0000, Dnyaneshwar Pawar wrote:
> Hi TripleO team,
>
> I am trying to apply custom configuration to an existing overcloud. (using openstack overcloud deploy command)
> Though there is no error, the configuration is in not applied to overcloud.
> Am I missing anything here?
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/609619/

In your paste you have the resource_registry like this:

OS::TripleO::ControllerServer: /home/stack/test/heat3_ocata.yaml

The problem is OS::TripleO::ControllerServer isn't a resource type we use,
e.g it's not a valid hook to enable additional node configuration.

Instead try something like this:

OS::TripleO::NodeExtraConfigPost: /home/stack/test/heat3_ocata.yaml

Which will run the script on all nodes, as documented here:

https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/advanced_deployment/extra_config.html

Out of interest, where did you find OS::TripleO::ControllerServer, do we
have a mistake in our docs somewhere?

Also in your template the type: OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployment should be
either type: OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployments (as in the docs) or type:
OS::Heat::SoftwareDeploymentGroup (the newer name for SoftwareDeployments,
we should switch the docs to that..).

Hope that helps!

--
Steve Hardy