[openstack-dev] [infra][all] etcd tarballs for CI use

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:25:59 UTC 2017

Jesse,

Great question :) We need the version that has the grpc gateway v3alpha API:
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/pull/5669

Since we want to standardize on the etcd v3 API (to avoid migration of
data from /v2 to /v3). Unfortunately the v3 API is gRPC based and has
trouble with eventlet based processes. So we need the /v3alpha HTTP
API. You can see the prior discussion and list of bugs from Jay in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/446983/

the etcd in xenial is 2.x which does not have either the gRPC v3 or
the gRPC+gateway HTTP API.

Thanks,
Dims