[openstack-dev] [neutron] diagnostics

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:31:52 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

At the summit we had a forum session [1] to gather feedback on the current
diagnostics proposal [2] and help the neutron developer team drive the
first implementation of the API proposal.

Two main points were brought for discussion:

1) which diagnostics checks to provide to start with;
2) how to implement such checks.

Reachability seems to be on the top of the list, ie. the ability to
establish connectivity between two endpoints. The other one was to be
friendly to operators, in that they may not necessarily want to write
python code in order to add more checks to the platform. The idea is to
define on a set of variables to be exposed to the check function and let
this be written in any language of choice.

Please, do provide feedback in case I omitted some other key takeaway.

Thanks,
Armando

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pike-neutron-diagnostics
[2]