[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 18 & 19)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Fri May 12 15:08:56 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

The previous week's meeting was short and focused on transition, so I
didn't send a summary for it. We also had a couple of daily sync
meetings to discuss the ongoing work. Here's what happened in the last
two weeks.

= Quickstart Transition Phase 2 Status =

As previously planned, we transitioned the ovb-ha and ovb-nonha jobs to
run with Quickstart. Please read the details of it from the announcement
email[1].

The job is performing really well over the previous days, check the
statistics here[2]. The only problem is some pingtest failure which
seems be to not a Quickstart but a TripleO bug[3].

We're still working on transitioning periodic and promotion jobs and
started planning "phase3" which will include updates and upgrades jobs
and the containerized undercloud job.

= Review Process Improvements =

Ronelle initiated a conversation about improving the speed of landing
bigger features and changes in Quickstart. A recent example is the OVB
mode for devmode.sh which is taking a long time to get merged. Ideas
about the new process can be seen at this etherpad[4].

= Image hosting issues =

We had a discussion about hosting the pre-built images for Quickstart,
which seems to be problematic recently and results in bad user
experience for first time users.

We can't get the CentOS CDN to serve up-to-date consistent images, and
we have capacity problems on images.rdoproject.org. The solution might
be the new RDO Cloud, but for now we are considering having each job
build the image by default. This could add some overhead but it might
save time if the download is slow or headaches if the images are outdated.

Thank you for reading the summary. Have a good weekend!

Best regards,
Attila

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116568.html
[2] http://status-tripleoci.rhcloud.com/ and then click on