[openstack-dev] [cyborg] Fwd: GPU passthrough success and failure records

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Sat May 6 22:00:10 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Blair Bethwaite <blair.bethwaite at gmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2017 at 17:55
Subject: GPU passthrough success and failure records
To: "openstack-oper." <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>

Hi all,

I've been (very slowly) working on some docs detailing how to setup an
OpenStack Nova Libvirt+QEMU-KVM deployment to provide GPU-accelerated
instances. In Boston I hope to chat to some of the docs team and
figure out an appropriate upstream guide to fit that into. One of the
things I'd like to provide is a community record (better than ML
archives) of what works and doesn't. I've started a first attempt at
collating some basics here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/GPU-passthrough-model-success-failure

I know there are at a least a few lurkers out there doing this too so
please share your own experience. Once there is a bit more data there
it probably makes sense to convert to a tabular format of some kind
(but wasn't immediately obvious to me how that should look given there
are several long list fields)

--
Cheers,
~Blairo