[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][goals] Community goals for Queen

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sat May 6 01:23:20 UTC 2017

On 05/05/2017 05:09 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
<snip>
> This time is tough given how front-loaded the sessions are at the Forum
> on Monday. The Nova onboarding session overlaps with this, along with
> some other sessions that impact or are related to Nova. It would have
> been nice to do stuff like this toward the end of the week, but I
> realize scheduling is a nightmare and not everyone can be pleased, and
> that ship has sailed. So I don't think I can be there, but I assume
> anything that comes out of it will be proposed to the governance repo or
> recapped in the mailing list afterward so we can discuss there.

Right, given that it's against Operating the VM/Baremetal Platform, and
Nova Onboarding, I'll just give feedback here.

A migration path off of paste would be a huge win. Paste deploy is
unmaintained (as noted in the etherpad) and being in etc means it's
another piece of gratuitous state that makes upgrading harder than it
really should be.

This is one of those that is going to require someone to commit to
working out that migration path up front. But it would be a pretty good
chunk of debt and upgrade ease.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague