[openstack-dev] [devstack] [all] systemd in devstack by default

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 3 23:14:02 UTC 2017

On 05/03/2017 07:08 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Sean Dague's message of 2017-05-03 16:16:29 -0400:
>> Screen is going away in Queens.
>>
>> Making the dev / test runtimes as similar as possible is really
>> important. And there is so much weird debt around trying to make screen
>> launch things reliably (like random sleeps) because screen has funny
>> races in it.
>>
>> It does mean some tricks people figured out in screen are going away.
>
> It sounds like maybe we should start building a shared repository of new
> tips & tricks for systemd/journald.

Agreed, the devstack docs have the following beginnings of that:

https://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/development.html - for
basic flow

which also links to a systemd primer -
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/systemd.html

But more contributions are welcomed for sure.

(These docs exist in the devstack tree under doc/source)

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net