[openstack-dev] [nova-scheduler] Get scheduler hint

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:47:51 UTC 2017

On 05/02/2017 09:58 AM, Giuseppe Di Lena wrote:
> Thank you for your answer :-)
>
> I'm pretty new in OpenStack and open source in general(I started two
> months ago, and I don't have any experience in developing big project).
> What we are trying to do is to implement our algorithm for Robust NFV
> chain; to do it we need to create multiple copies of the same instance
> and put them in different compute nodes.
> When we create an instance, we give as input the robustness(integer
> value >=1)  that is the number of copy of an instance.
> For example Robustness = 3, it will create 3 instances and put them in 3
> different compute nodes.

OK, got it. What you want to do is actually not in Nova but rather in
the Neutron SFC and Tacker projects:

https://github.com/openstack/networking-sfc
https://github.com/openstack/tacker

Go ahead and read up on those two projects and get a feel for how they
are structured. You can head over to Freenode IRC on the
#openstack-neutron channel to chat about Neutron service function
chaining. The #tacker channel has folks interested in NFV orchestration
and should be able to help you out.

All the best,
-jay