[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Mistral]A simple tool to discover and manage custom actions

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue May 2 12:32:45 UTC 2017

Hi, int32bit,

First, thanks very much for your work and share with us for what you did.

You are right about the lack of flexibility of current mistral action
registration process, in addition to your work, here are some of my
suggestions:

- I recommend you work with mistral team to figure out a way to improve
current tools/sync_db.py script, add the capability to manipulate actions
without reinstall mistral. I believe there are other people who are also
very interested in the enhancement.
- We (mistral team) are working on mistral-lib, a new library that will
define a base action class that all 3-rd party customized actions could
inherit, which aims to make action developer's life easier.

Thanks again for the email, feel free to jump in #openstack-mistral irc
channel for any further discussion.

Cheers,
Lingxian Kong (Larry)