[openstack-dev] [nova] notification update week 18

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue May 2 08:21:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is the status update / focus setting mail about notification work
for week 18.

Bugs
----
[Medium] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1657428 The instance
notifications are sent with inconsistent timestamp format. We need to
iterate more on the solution https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421981

[Medium] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1687012
flavor-delete notification should not try to lazy-load projects
The patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461032 seems to be in a
good shape already.

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
The volume_attach and detach notifications are still in focus to support
Searchlight switching to the versioned notifications. Both are ready for
core review:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/401992/ Transform
instance.volume_attach notification
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408676/ Transform
instance.volume_detach notification
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/455801/ Transform
instance.volume_attach.error notification

Searchlight integration
-----------------------
bp additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight
Besides volume_attach and volume_detach we need the following patches to
help Searchlight integration:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight

Both the BDM and the keypairs patch up to date and ready for review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419730/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448779/

Weekly meeting
The notification subteam holds it's weekly meeting on Tuesday 17:00 UTC
on openstack-meeting-4 so the next meeting will be held on 2nd of
May.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170502T170000

Cheers,
gibi