[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [nova][glance] Who needs multiple api_servers?

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Mon May 1 17:20:03 UTC 2017

> On 1 May 2017, at 4:24 pm, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 10:17:43AM -0400, Matthew Treinish wrote:
>>
>> I thought it was just nova too, but it turns out cinder has the same exact
>> option as nova: (I hit this in my devstack patch trying to get glance deployed
>> as a wsgi app)
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/d47eda3a3ba9971330b27beeeb471e2bc94575ca/cinder/common/config.py#L51-L55
>>
>> Although from what I can tell you don't have to set it and it will fallback to
>> using the catalog, assuming you configured the catalog info for cinder:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/19d07a1f394c905c23f109c1888c019da830b49e/cinder/image/glance.py#L117-L129
>>

>> -Matt Treinish
>>

> FWIW, that came with the original fork out of Nova. I do not have any real
> world data on whether that is used or not.

Yes this is used in cinder.

A lot of the projects you can set endpoints for them to use. This is extremely useful in a a large production Openstack install where you want to control the traffic.

I can understand using the catalog in certain situations and feel it’s OK for that to be the default but please don’t prevent operators configuring it differently.

Glance is the big one as you want to control the data flow efficiently but any service to service configuration should ideally be able to be manually configured.

Cheers,
Sam