[openstack-dev] [all][elections] Candidate proposals for TC (Technical Committee) positions are now open

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Mar 31 08:58:32 UTC 2017

Jens Rosenboom wrote:
>> Candidate proposals for the Technical Committee positions (7 positions) are
>> now open and will remain open until 2017-04-20, 23:45 UTC
>
> The table below states a much earlier closing time.

Yeah, I think there was confusion between election closing time (April
20) and nomination deadline (April 9). The election website has the
reference dates (it's currently down, but should be fixed soon):

TC nomination starts   @ 2017-03-30, 23:59 UTC
TC nomination ends     @ 2017-04-09, 23:45 UTC
TC elections starts    @ 2017-04-13, 23:59 UTC
TC elections ends      @ 2017-04-20, 23:45 UTC

>> The election will be held from March 30th through to 23:45 April 20th, 2017
>
> This also doesn't match the dates listed below, please clarify.

That's correct if you consider the "election" to include nomination,
campaigning and voting. But then in other places "election" is
synonymous to "voting", hence the confusion. Again, the timeline has the
right information.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)