[openstack-dev] [glance] priorities for the coming week (03/31-04/06)

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 21:42:24 UTC 2017

As discussed at today's meeting, here are the priorities for Glance this
week:

Pike-1 milestone approaching
============================
Hemanth announced Thursday 6 April as the deadline for patches to be
merged for P-1.  That will give us roughly a week before P-1 to fix any
bugs or regressions that occur.  Please concentrate on the following items:

1. Support for partial downloads.  These are close to completion:
- https://review.openstack.org/441501
- https://review.openstack.org/434558
- https://review.openstack.org/441707

2. Replace pycrypto with cryptography.  (This is actually a small patch,
we were only using pycrypto in two utility functions.)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/449401/

3. Image import refactor.  I think Hemanth figured out how to get around
the config problem that was causing these to fail in the gate.  As we
discussed in today's meeting, let's focus on the essential aspects of
these patches and leave rewording of log messages and help text to
follow up patches.  (Of course, if you see a problem in the code, I
expect you to call it out.)  It would be nice to get the basic backend
into P-1.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/391442/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/391441/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443636/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443632/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443633/

Spec Reviews
Please provide early feedback for the specs you "volunteered" to look at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/glance-pike-specs-review

People who missed today's glance meeting and weren't able to volunteer,
don't let that stop you from reviewing a few of these also.

To be considered for Pike, specs must be merged by 23:59 on Friday 14
April 2017.

Wishing everyone a productive week,
brian