[openstack-dev] rebuild_instance (nova evacuate) failed to add trunk port

KHAN, RAO ADNAN rk221s at att.com
Thu Mar 30 20:14:36 UTC 2017

In Juno, there is an issue with instance rebuild (nova evacuate) when trunk port is associated with that instance. On the target, it is not provisioning tbr (bridge) and hence 'ovs-vsctl' command failed when adding trunk port.

To me this seems a design gap; but I couldn't pin point it. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks much,

Rao Adnan Khan
AT&T Integrated Cloud (AIC) Development | SE
Software Development & Engineering (SD&E)
Emai: rk221s at att.com<mailto:rk221s at att.com>
Cell phone: 972-342-5638

RESTRICTED - PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
This email is the property of AT&T and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have reason to believe you have received this in error, please delete this immediately; any other use, retention, dissemination, copying or printing of this email is strictly prohibited.