[openstack-dev] [tripleo] os-cloud-config retirement

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 16:02:56 UTC 2017

On 30.03.2017 15:40, Jiří Stránský wrote:

> What might be interesting is solving the keystone init within containers
> along with our container entrypoint situation. We've talked earlier that
> we may have to build our custom entrypoints into the images as we
> sometimes need to do things that the current entrypoints don't seem fit
> for, or don't give us enough control over what happens. This single
> optimized python script for endpoint config you mentioned could be one
> of such in-image entrypoint scripts. We could build multiple different

I'm concerned of having entry points in-image. Could it be mounted as a
hostpath instead, then executed? Custom entry-points could replace
existing ones this way. This would allow keep kolla or other images
clean from side changes.

> scripts like this into a single image and select the right one when
> starting the container (defaulting to a script that handles the usual

We could use a clean container and mount in that we need. Those entry
points looks similar to heat agent hooks, right? I think they should be
packaged as a separate artifacts.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,