[openstack-dev] [requirements] pycrypto is dead, long live pycryptodome... or cryptography...

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Mar 30 15:14:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:56:41AM -0400, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
> On 3/8/17 2:03 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
> > So, pycrypto upstream is dead and has been for a while, we should look
> > at moving off of it for both bugfix and security reasons.
> >
> > Currently it's used by the following.
> >
> > barbican, cinder, trove, glance, heat, keystoneauth, keystonemiddleware,
> > kolla, openstack-ansible, and a couple of other smaller places.

The current thought is to go with the crytography package for Cinder. No
patch is up yet, but this was discussed a bit yesterday.

Given the challenges with pycrypto and pycryptodome coexisting, the
general thought at this time is that even though transitioning to
cryptography will be a little more work, it will be the easier path
forward.

Sean