[openstack-dev] [nova] Removes the extra URL routes in Nova API

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:22:05 UTC 2017

Currently I'm working on removing the stevedore [0], and move the URL
routes mapping into a plain list [1].

But actually, the original URL mappings which Nova created [2] are more
than that list.
Due to the interface 'routes.Mapper.resources' create a set routes
conforming to the Atom publish protocol.[3]

So there are some URL mapping we never documented at somewhere (at least I
don't know):

POST /servers.:(format)
GET /servers/detail.:(format)
GET /servers/new.:(format)  (the API doesn't work, return 404)
GET /servers/new (the API doesn't work, return 404)
GET /servers/:(id)/edit.:(format) (the API doesn't work, return 404)

I plan to remove the support for those URL mappings in the patch [1], and
it will fix the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1615475.

But I want to send this email to ensure we are ok to remove those URL
mappings.

Thanks
Alex

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445864/