[openstack-dev] [kubernetes][go] External OpenStack Cloud Provider for Kubernetes

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 20:39:40 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Davanum Srinivas" <davanum at gmail.com>

One question I have around this - do we have a shared view of what the ideal matrix of tested combinations would like? E.g. kubernetes master on openstack project's master, kubernetes master on openstack project's stable branches (where available), do we also need/want to test kubernetes stable milestones, etc.

At a high level my goal would be the same as Chris's "k8s gating on OpenStack in the same ways that it does on AWS and GCE." which would imply reporting results on PRs proposed to K8S master *before* they merge but not sure we all agree on what that actually means testing against in practice on the OpenStack side of the equation?

Thanks,

Steve

> On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Chris Hoge <chris at openstack.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 8:46:42 AM UTC-7, Antoni Segura Puimedon
> > wrote:

> >> I suppose the options are either:
> >>
> >> ask k8s to add select external cloud providers in the CI
> >> Have a webhook in the k8s repo that triggered CI on the OSt infra
> >

> > Yes please to these. My preference is for the provider to remain upstream
> > in
> > k8s, but it's development has stalled out a bit. I want the best provider
> > possible, but also want to make sure it's tested and visible to the k8s
> > community that want to run on OpenStack. I've mentioned before that one of
> > my goals is to have k8s gating on OpenStack in the same ways that it does
> > on
> > AWS and GCE.
> >
> > -Chris

> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-openstack/a7b56756-7efe-4179-8467-6a689f1abe63%40googlegroups.com.