[openstack-dev] Forum Details Summary- Hacking & Onboarding Rooms, Session Proposals & More!

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:22:51 UTC 2017

Hello All!

I know you have been getting bombarded with information about the upcoming
Summit & Forum so I just wanted to take a moment to summarize everything
into one place.

Hacking Rooms: There are no specific plans for these rooms. They will be
filled with roundtables for ad-hoc discussions that projects want to have.
Here is the ethercalc signup for some of the available times for the
hacking rooms[1]. The cells marked with ‘Unscheduled Drop In Time’ we are
keeping open as a place for impromptu discussions.

Onboarding Rooms: These two rooms will be set up classroom style, dedicated
to the projects that have signed up to teach new contributors about the
project, code, and give them an opportunity to meet established community
members. The idea is that new contributors will come here to get started in
the project after they have gone to OpenStack Upstream Institute and know
the basics of contribution [2]. The schedule for these 90 min slots will be
released soon.

Forum Session Proposals: There is still time to submit topics to be
discussed with all of our community at the Forum! [3] [4] You have until Sunday
April 2nd to submit them here [5].

Community Contributor Awards: Another chance to give people the recognition
they deserve that they aren’t getting. Please nominate those Stackers you
depend on, look up to, or just deserve an extra pat on the back! [6]
Submissions being accepted until Sunday April 23rd. These awards will be
presented during the dual Forum Feedback/ Community Contributor Awards
Session on Thursday during lunch at the Sheraton on the 2nd Floor in the
Constitution Ballroom.

As always, you can check the Boston website FAQ [7] for other information.

Days till Boston: 40 Days

All the Best,

Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

[1] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/Boston_Forum_Hacking_Rooms