[openstack-dev] [horizon][nova][tc] nova-network deprecation in horizon
amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 16:04:13 UTC 2017
I would like to raise a topic when horizon nova-network support can be dropped.
I added [tc] tag as it is related to
"assert:follows-standard-deprecation" tag in the governance.
Can horizon drop nova-network support based on the deprecation of nova-network
from the nova team?
or does horizon need to deprecate nova-network support in horizon explicitly?
Let me summarize the current situation:
- nova team deprecated nova-network in Newton release. 
- horizon team has not deprecated it so far (just forgot to do it).
- nova-network security group and floating IP support has been dropped
from novaclient few days ago .
- When a new release of novaclient comes, horizon security group
support will be broken (if neutron is not used)
- Nova microversion also allows to use nova-network but old version of
novaclient is required for horizon to
support it and it is not realistic.
It would be nice that horizon team is allowed to drop some feature
aligning with feature deprecation
and drop in backend project(s) (without explicit deprecation notices
in horizon side).
It is not easy that horizon team is aware of all feature deprecations
in other projects
and the horizon team tends to be aware of them when the deprecated features are
There may be things and solutions I am not aware of. Any feedback
would be appreciated.
More information about the OpenStack-dev