[openstack-dev] [os-client-config] get_session_endpoint() and Keystone admin endpoint

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Mar 28 14:14:47 UTC 2017

On 03/26/2017 02:55 AM, Akira Yoshiyama wrote:
> Hi,

>> On 03/24/2017 10:34 AM, Akira Yoshiyama wrote:
>>> Hi Monty,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your reply.
>>>
>>> 2017年3月24日(金) 20:58 Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com
>>> <mailto:mordred at inaugust.com>>:
>>>
>>>     On 03/19/2017 07:18 AM, Akira Yoshiyama wrote:
>>>     > Hi all,
>>>     >
>>>     > I have developed Yakumo, a pythonic unified OpenStack client library:
>>>     >
>>>     >   PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/yakumo
>>>     >   Git: https://github.com/yosshy/python-yakumo
>>>
>>>     Nice library!
>>>

>>> Thank you :)
>>>
>>> We use it for our smoke tests.
>>>
>>>     > and I found that
>>>     > os_client_config.cloud_config.CloudConfig.get_session_endpoint()
>>>     > didn't return Keystone admin endpoint because of below:
>>>     >
>>>     >
>>>      https://github.com/openstack/os-client-config/blob/master/os_client_config/cloud_config.py#L258
>>>     >
>>>     > Why is it so?
>>>
>>>     It's done that way in os-client-config because not doing it that way
>>>     breaks python-keystoneclient. Or at least it used to - looking through
>>>     the keystoneclient code it seems jamie has fixed this now.
>>>

>>> Wonderful!
>>>
>>>     I'm going to nudge Morgan or Jamie to respond too - I think we might be
>>>     able to get rid of this conditional (which would make me super happy)
>>>

>>> How about an extra option like below?
>>>
>>> def get_session_endpoint(
>>>     ....., allow_identity_admin=False):
>>
>> I think that's a great idea - you feel like proposing it?
>
> Yes. I'll push a patch for review soon.

Whoops - this is totally my bad. Since we spoke, Jamie Lennox and I
looked at the code and believe that this
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/450259/ is what the code should be
doing. I totally forgot to come back and follow up to this thread. So
your patch is great and exactly what we talked about - but I think we
can just go ahead and fix the behavior and not need a new option.

What do you think? (also, again, sorry for forgetting to follow up)