[openstack-dev] [TripleO] How to Preview the Overcloud Stack?

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 20:43:39 UTC 2017

I've been trying to figure out a workflow for previewing the results of
importing custom templates in an overcloud deployment (without actually
deploying). For instance, I am overriding some parameters using custom
templates, and I want to make sure those parameters will be expressed
correctly when I deploy.

I know about "heat stack-preview", but between the complexity of the
overcloud stack and the jinja2 template processing, I can't figure out a
way to preview the entire overcloud stack.

Is this possible? If not, any hints on what would it take to write a
script that would accomplish this?

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal Software Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack