[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Tags for volumes

王玺源 wangxiyuan1007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:20:12 UTC 2017

I think the reason is quite simple:
1. Some users don't want to use key/value pairs to tag volums. They just
need some simple strings.
2. Metadata must be shorter than 255. If users don't need keys, use tag
here can save some spaces.
3. Easy for quick searching or filter. Users don't need to know what' the
key related to the value.
4. For Web App, it should be a basic function[1]

[1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_(metadata)