[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Tags for volumes

王玺源 wangxiyuan1007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:13:59 UTC 2017

Hi cinder team:

    I want to know what's your thought about adding tags for volumes.

    Now Many resources, like Nova instances, Glance images, Neutron
networks and so on, all support tagging. And some of our cloud customers
want this feature in Cinder as well. It's useful for auditing, billing for
could admin, it can let admin and users filter resources by tag, it can let
users categorize resources for different usage or just remarks something.

    Actually there is a related spec in Cinder 2 years ago, but
unfortunately it was not accepted and was abandoned :
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99305/

    Can we bring it up and revisit it a second time now? What's cinder
team's idea?  Can you give me some advice that if we can do it or not?

Thanks!

Wangxiyuan