[openstack-dev] [kubernetes][go] External OpenStack Cloud Provider for Kubernetes

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Sat Mar 25 16:10:16 UTC 2017

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 8:46:42 AM UTC-7, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:

> On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 3:59:18 PM UTC+1, Graham Hayes wrote:
>>
>> On 24/03/17 10:27 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> >Folks,
>> >
>> >As discussed in the etherpad:
>> >https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/go-and-containers
>> >
>> >Here's a request for a repo in OpenStack:
>> >https://review.openstack.org/#/c/449641/
>> >
>> >This request pulls in the existing code from kubernetes/kubernetes
>> >repo and preserves the git history too
>> >https://github.com/dims/k8s-cloud-provider
>> >
>> >Anyone interested? please ping me on Slack or IRC and we can continue
>> this work.
>>
>> Yeah - I would love to continue the provider work on gerrit :)
>>
>> Is there a way for us to make sure changes in the k8 master don't
>> break our plugin? Or do we need to periodic jobs on the provider repo
>> to catch breakages in the plugin interface?
>>

> I suppose the options are either:
>
> ask k8s to add select external cloud providers in the CI
> Have a webhook in the k8s repo that triggered CI on the OSt infra

Yes please to these. My preference is for the provider to remain upstream
in k8s, but it's development has stalled out a bit. I want the best
provider possible, but also want to make sure it's tested and visible to
the k8s community that want to run on OpenStack. I've mentioned before that
one of my goals is to have k8s gating on OpenStack in the same ways that it
does on AWS and GCE.

-Chris