[openstack-dev] [mogan][valence] Valence integration

Yang, Lin A lin.a.yang at intel.com
Sat Mar 25 01:37:25 UTC 2017

Hi Zhenguo,

Please checkout the latest valence api spec, current it support two ways to specify the arguments when composing node via valence api.
1. Specify flavor for composition -  Specify flavor uuid in ‘flavor_id’ field {flavor_id: flavor_uuid} besides the name and description fields. An example of request body shows as below.
  {‘name’: ‘new_node’,
   ‘description’: ‘test composition’,
   ‘flavor_id’: ‘fake_uuid’}

2. Specify every hardware details, like cpu, memory, local/remote drive, nic, in ‘properties’ field.
  {‘name’: ‘new_node’,
   ‘description’: ‘test composition’,
   ‘properties’: {‘processor’: {‘total_cores’:8,
                                                    ‘model’: ‘fale_model’},
                            ‘memore’: {‘capacity_mib’: 4096,
                                                  ‘type’: ‘DDR3’}}}
We will update user document to list all available parameters for node composition soon.

[0] https://github.com/openstack/valence/blob/0db8a8e186e25ded2b17460f5ae2ce9abf576851/api-ref/source/valence-api-v1-nodes.inc

Thanks,
Lin.