[openstack-dev] [os-client-config] get_session_endpoint() and Keystone admin endpoint

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Mar 24 11:58:13 UTC 2017

On 03/19/2017 07:18 AM, Akira Yoshiyama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have developed Yakumo, a pythonic unified OpenStack client library:
>
>   PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/yakumo
>   Git: https://github.com/yosshy/python-yakumo

Nice library!

> and I found that
> os_client_config.cloud_config.CloudConfig.get_session_endpoint()
> didn't return Keystone admin endpoint because of below:
>
>   https://github.com/openstack/os-client-config/blob/master/os_client_config/cloud_config.py#L258
>
> Why is it so?

It's done that way in os-client-config because not doing it that way
breaks python-keystoneclient. Or at least it used to - looking through
the keystoneclient code it seems jamie has fixed this now.

I'm going to nudge Morgan or Jamie to respond too - I think we might be
able to get rid of this conditional (which would make me super happy)

Monty