[openstack-dev] [tripleo][squad:containers] Updates on the CI status for the container-based deployment

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 14:02:16 UTC 2017

Greetings,

The containers squad has worked a bit on the CI jobs lately and I'd like to
provide some updates. There are 2 containers related jobs now:

1) undercloud-containers
2) containers-oooq-nv

The first job tests a containerized undercloud deployment (experimental). The
second one tests a containerized overcloud deployment and it's currently
non-voting.

None of these jobs should be ignored, despite of their current status. The first
one is hopefully going to be moved to the check pipeline as soon as one of the
missing requirements is covered (better logs collections). The second job is
actually quite stable now except for the few occasional timeouts we've hit. Once
the issue with the timeouts is solved, we'll be making this job voting.

Until the above happens, we kindly ask all the tripleo reviewers to not ignore
these jobs.

In addition to the above mentioned jobs, the team is also working on a job for
upgrades. This job will specifically test the upgrade from baremetal deployments
to containerized deployments. The details of this job are still being worked
out, though.

On behalf of the tripleo containers squad,
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco