[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Moving Gnocchi out

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Mar 20 16:10:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> I really don't understand why the Telemetry team insists in being
> release-independent, out of big tent and such, when the reality is that
> all of released Telemetry components are *very tightly* bound to a
> specific versions of OpenStack. IMO, it doesn't make sense upstream, or
> downstream of Telemetry.

This simply isn't the case with gnocchi. Gnocchi is an independent
timeseries, metrics and resources data service that _happens_ to
work with OpenStack.

By making it independent of OpenStack, its ability to draw
contribution and engagement from people outside the OpenStack
community increases. As a result it can become a better tool for
more people, including OpenStack people. Not all, or even many, of
the OpenStack projects are like that, but gnocchi is. More eyes,
less bugs, right?

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/