[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Sample Roles

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 21:28:47 UTC 2017

Ahoy folks,

For the Pike cycle, we have a blueprint[0] to provide a few basic
environment configurations with some custom roles.  For this effort
and to reduce the complexity when dealing with roles I have put
together a patch to try and organize roles in a more consumable
fashion[1].  The goal behind this is that we can document the standard
role configurations and also be able to ensure that when we add a new
OS::TripleO::Service::* we can make sure they get applied to all of
the appropriate roles.  The goal of this initial change is to also
allow us all to reuse the same roles and work from a single
configuration repository.  Please also review the existing roles in
the review and make sure we're not missing any services.

Also my ask is that if you have any standard roles, please consider
publishing them to the new roles folder[1] so we can also identify
future CI testing scenarios we would like to support.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/example-custom-role-environments
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445687/