[openstack-dev] [infra][requirements] Does proposal bot also update foo-requirements.txt?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Mar 15 16:44:35 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017, at 09:20 AM, Andreas Scheuring wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to understand which project requirement files get updated by
> the OpenStack proposal bot. Only requirements.txt and
> test-requirements.txt, or also foo-requirements.txt?
>
> Pointing me to the OpenStack proposal bot code would also help I
> guess...

The "bot" is really just a job defined in JJB [0], which runs a script
in the requirements repo [1], which appears to read the requirements
files using this read() function [2].

With that out of the way, you shouldn't need a bunch of requirements
files. Environment markers should allow you to specify conditional
installations based on python version or operating system and so on [3].
And for optional sets of dependencies you should be using "extras" [4].
Also more general info can be found in the requirements README [5].

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/jobs/requirements.yaml#n261
[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/tree/openstack_requirements/cmds/update.py