[openstack-dev] [oslo][requirements][all] requesting assistance to unblock SQLAlchemy 1.1 from requirements

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 15 15:42:34 UTC 2017

Perhaps, but in doing so oslo.db is going to get the pin and uc from
stable/ocata, which is going to force it back to SQLA < 1.1, which will
prevent oslo.db changes that require >= 1.1 to work.

	-Sean

On 03/15/2017 11:26 AM, Roman Podoliaka wrote:
> Isn't the purpose of that specific job -
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.db-ubuntu-xenial-ocata - to test a
> change to the library master branch with stable releases (i.e. Ocata)
> - of all other components?
>
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

>>> so the failure I'm seeing now is *probably* one I saw earlier when we
>>> tried to do this, the tempest run fails on trying to run a keystone
>>> request, but I can't find the same error in the logs this time.
>>>
>>> In an earlier build of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423192/, we saw
>>> this:
>>>
>>> ContextualVersionConflict: (SQLAlchemy 1.1.5
>>> (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages),
>>> Requirement.parse('SQLAlchemy<1.1.0,>=1.0.10'), set(['oslo.db',
>>> 'keystone']))
>>>
>>> stack trace was in the apache log:  http://paste.openstack.org/show/601583/
>>>

>>> but now on our own oslo.db build, the same jobs are failing and are
>>> halting at keystone, but I can't find any error:
>>>
>>> the failure is:
>>>

>>> http://logs.openstack.org/30/445930/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.db-ubuntu-xenial-ocata/815962d/
>>>

>>> and is on:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445930/
>>>

>>> if someone w/ tempest expertise could help with this that would be great.
>>
>> It looks like oslo.db master is being used with ocata services?
>> http://logs.openstack.org/30/445930/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-oslo.db-ubuntu-xenial-ocata/815962d/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2017-03-15_13_10_52_434
>>

>> I suspect that's the root issue. That should be stable/ocata branch, right?
>>
>>         -Sean
>>
>> --
>> Sean Dague
>> http://dague.net