[openstack-dev] [oslo][kolla][openstack-helm][tripleo][all] Storing configuration options in etcd(?)

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Mar 15 00:10:24 UTC 2017

+1 for having the option. I think in general it is a great idea.

I think there are some devils in the implementation. How do you prevent a service from getting way more secrets then it strictly needs? Maybe this is the start of an activity thought to split out all secrets from config, which would be an awesome thing to do. Having secrets commingled with config has always rubbed me the wrong way.

The other issue I can think of is overridability. the current separate file per instantiated service has some flexibility that a simple implementation of just looking in etcd for the keys may not work for. Some, look here first, then look for overrides over here thing would work though.

Thanks,
Kevin