[openstack-dev] [tc][appcat] The future of the App Catalog

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 12 13:51:34 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-10 13:37:10 -0500 (-0500), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> *That* discussion (the TC vision one) was scheduled to happen in the
> Stewardship Working Group meeting at the PTG in Atlanta:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AtlantaPTG-SWG-TCVision
>
> Then it was cancelled because it became clear that most of the TC members
> didn't plan to show up due to scheduling conflicts.

As one of the TC members regrettably unable to attend (because of
still being a PTL at the moment out of necessity, for a team
scheduled to meet on the same days that week), I'm glad we found
time _soon_ after the PTG to do so instead.

> Looking through the TC mailing list, it appears it was rescheduled to happen
> this week at a joint TC/Board meeting in Boston. This looks to be one of the
> outputs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-12questions-exercise-board
> Hopefully we'll hear more in the next few days, since this _just_ happened.
[...]

I'm intentionally not going into detail since the point of the
exercise is to come up with a consistent and unified voice and we're
not yet to the point where it's in a good state to present for
community feedback, but as I have yet to see anyone else from the TC
speak up I will at least say there is an aggressive timeline to have
something circulated throughout the technical community (at least
here in the -dev ML) prior to the Forum in Boston. There were a
handful of TC members unable to attend in person this week (John G.
included), so we're trying to make sure we provide them ample
opportunity for involvement in the early draft stage we're at now.
--
Jeremy Stanley