[openstack-dev] [devstack] A few questions on configuring DevStack for Neutron

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Sat Mar 11 03:11:37 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/2015 07:13 PM, Christopher Aedo wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please see my response here:
>>>

>>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/076251.html
>>>
>>> In the future, do not create multiple threads since responses will get
>>> lost
>>

>> Yep, thank you Sean - saw your response yesterday and was going to
>> follow-up this thread with a "please ignore" and a link to the other
>> thread.  I opted not to in hopes of reducing the noise but I think
>> your note here is correct and will close the loop for anyone who
>> happens across only this thread.
>>
>> (Secretly though I hope this thread somehow becomes never-ending like
>> the "don't -1 for a long commit message" thread!)
>

> (I think punctuation should go outside the parenthetical)?

Apologies for the late reply to this Monty but a response is required
considering the importance of proper punctuation as regards
parenthesis.

According to the Internet[1] (which is widely regarded as the
authority in such matters), the original usage of punctuation in this
case is the appropriate usage when the entire sentence is inside the
parenthesis.

Hopefully this diversion from the topic does not warrant a new thread.

[1]: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/parens.asp

-Christopher