[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Mar 10 03:30:47 UTC 2017

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings OpenStack community,
>
> Today's meeting started on a heavyhearted note, as we hoisted our virtual beers and gave a toast to Everett Toews, who recently had to step down from his API-WG duties due to a job re-assignment.

I'm proud of everything we've accomplished to date and I know that there is a healthy future for the API Working Group. The API WG has made great strides in its mission [1]. Plus it sounds like the PTG sessions were very well attended and that's really heartening to hear after all of this time.

I wish the API WG all the best and it's been a pleasure working on this with everyone.

> For those who don't know, Everett and I started the API-WG a few years ago,

Ummmmmm...given this statement, I feel I _must_ provide some clarity.

The API WG was started by myself, Jay Pipes, and Chris Yeoh. The ball got rolling in this email thread [2]. One of our first artifacts was this wiki page [3]. The 3 of us were the original core members (I'm not sure if [4] is capable of displaying history). Then we started making commits to the repo [5]. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine who got involved, when they got involved, and in what capacity.

Ed has made a lot of contributions as of late and his efforts are genuinely appreciated. So much so that he became a core member and continues to drive the mission forward.

Cheers,
Everett

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/#mission-statement
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/thread.html#46482