[openstack-dev] [nova][docs] Broken nova instructions

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Mar 9 11:18:31 UTC 2017

On 9 March 2017 at 11:05, Alexandra Settle <a.settle at outlook.com> wrote:
> I have attached the error logs that our tester, Brian Moss, sent to me earlier this morning.
> He has noted that some people have been able to get the instructions to work, but many others haven't.
> Also, noted that some are failing on Ubuntu and RDO, so it isn't a distro specific problem either.

The current compute logs seem to point at this bug:
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/issues/71

The bug says you restart libvirt and the problem goes away. Seems like
a package issue, maybe? I am not sure.

I notice some 404s for flavors. You need to create your own flavors
before you can boot an instance. Not sure if thats covered in the
install docs.

For me I found the order unclear in the currently proposed docs, so I
revised them so the cells and placement logic is more integrated into
the existing steps in the guide.

Thanks,
John