[openstack-dev] [cinder][glance][horizon][keystone][nova][qa][swift] Feedback needed: Removal of legacy per-project vanity domain redirects

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Mar 8 15:12:59 UTC 2017

Hey all,

We have a set of old vanity redirect URLs from back when we made a URL
for each project:

cinder.openstack.org
glance.openstack.org
horizon.openstack.org
keystone.openstack.org
nova.openstack.org
qa.openstack.org
swift.openstack.org

They are being served from an old server we'd like to retire. Obviously,
moving a set of http redirects is trivial, but these domains have been
deprecated for about 4 now, so we figured we'd clean house if we can.

We know that the swift team has previously expressed that there are
links out in the wild pointing to swift.o.o/content that still work and
that they don't want to break anyone, which is fine. (although if the
swift team has changed their minds, that's also welcome)

for the rest of you, can we kill these rather than transfer them?

Thanks!
Monty