[openstack-dev] [nova] Question to clarify versioned notifications

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:33:16 UTC 2017

On 3/8/2017 4:19 AM, Balazs Gibizer wrote:

> Honestly, If searchlight needs to be adapted to the versioned
> notifications then the smallest thing to change is to handle the removed
> prefix from the event_type. The biggest difference is the format and the
> content of the payload. In the legacy notifications the payload was a
> simply json dict in the versioned notification the payload is a json
> serialized ovo. Which means quite a different data structure. E.g. extra
> keys, deeper nesting, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> gibi

Heh, yeah, I agree. Thanks for the confirmation and details. I was just
making sure I had this all straight since I was jumping around from
specs and docs and code quite a bit yesterday piecing this together and
wanted to make sure I had it straight. Plus you don't apparently work 20
hours a day gibi so I couldn't ask you in IRC. :)

Matt Riedemann